Monday, December 11, 2017

Mindful Fun

Getting home from work at 5:30 and going to bed at 11:30 gives me a good six hours to relax every weekday, but somehow it never seems to be that much time. One possible cause of the time flying by is how I spend it. I spent a good deal of this evening playing Civilization VI, which was fun, but it eats up hours in a way games like Team Fortress 2 don't. As far as video games are concerned, I might want to stick to multiplayer games during the week because they drive up my blood pressure enough that I only play for short bits of time.

Reading is another sort of relaxation that makes time pass slowly for me. It feels constructive while still being refreshing. Putting together furniture also fits into this category, but my time doing that is just about finished now that my apartment is almost entirely set up. At the moment, I think there's space for one new hobby in my life, or perhaps a revived one. I just need to find the right balance of engaging and relaxing. If all else fails, I can keep getting more furniture to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment